bash_profile

Matthias B. msbREMOVE-THIS at winterdrache.de
Thu Sep 16 11:49:27 PDT 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 11:31:03 -0600 (MDT) Scott Swanson
<DrMemory at starband.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, Scott Swanson wrote:
>

> > I compiled bash-2.05b. It STILL hangs. So does this mean it's exec, or
> > something else?
>
> Doh! Brainstorm. I ran:
>
> 	usermod -s /tmp/bash-2.05b/bash lfs
>
> Now it works as it should! So looks like something buggy in the older
> bash, right?

Have you put the "exec" back in? If it still works with the "exec" back
in, then it does indeed look like the exec-builtin of the /bin/bash on
your Mandrake system is broken in a weird way.

MSB

--
Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them.