Cannot login to newly created LFS

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Sep 12 05:53:31 PDT 2004

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:48:19 +1000 (EST)
Craig Sproule <craigsproule at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure it is a shadow problem, so I delete
> /etc/shadow, /etc/gshadow, /etc/passwd, /etc/group,
> /etc/login.defs. Everything that has to do with
> passwords.

Yup, I've had the same problem on my last two builds, but can't track it
down.  If I 'pwconv' & 'grpconv' then I am no longer able to log in.
Performing a 'pwunconv' & 'grpunconv' once again allows me to log in.
I'm sure it's something to do with my scripts I use to build my systems
but I've not managed to track it down yet.

Sorry to not be of any more help - at least I know I'm not alone now!

Cheers,

Matt.