bash_profile

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Sep 11 12:01:11 PDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-11 at 07:55 -0600, Scott Swanson wrote:
> What I would expect to happen instead is that I would login as normal,
> receive a prompt, and be able to interact with bash. And this is exactly
> what does happen on a different host (Mandrake 9.1 - bash 2.05.0).
>
> Thanks.

You may try removing those files from /home/lfs (or wherever lfs' home
dir is) and just login again as lfs.  Make sure that your host is first
properly setting up default settings for users, i.e. you have a proper
prompt $PATH, etc.

If so, then as lfs run the commands again on that page for setting up
the environment.  Make sure you "source ~/.bash_profile"

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net