Compiler optimization flags in building LFS-5.1.1

Kevin Jordan kmj7777 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 12:17:42 PDT 2004

I wouldn't put optimizations on binutils, gcc, glibc, or grub.  I
forgot once and compiled with optimizations on grub and the hd numbers
turned out strangely (i.e. something like 10604029340 or another
ridiculously large number) and so it wouldn't let me do anything.
Found out later optimizing it messed it up.  I suppose something like
this would happen for the others that are not recommended you put
flags on.  My flags are "-march=athlon-xp -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer
-msse -mmmx -m3dnow" and have worked well for me.