Using ReiserFS File System

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 8 09:07:26 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 22:06 +0600, Kesara Rathnayake wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm going to install LFS with the help of LFS-BOOK-6.0-testing-20040905
> I want to use ext2 file system for boot
> &  ReiserFS for root partition.
> Since I have deviated from the book;) Is any possible errors?
> Specially with GRUB?

Kesara,

Reiser 3, right? Not Reiser4?  Reiser4 is still not completely usable
for LFS purposes.  But I've built several systems using reiser 3 and no
troubles at all.  Esp. since you're using ext2 for /boot - that's a
smart move.  You should be able to just follow the book without any
hitches. :)

Have fun.

--
Jeremy Huntwork