gcc compiling problem

Pablo Wolter pawn at myrealbox.com
Tue Nov 30 11:40:14 PST 2004

Hi,

I know that this issue was already discussed here, but in my searchs for a solution with the error in the compilation process of gcc at the very beginning of the book i found some solutions that involve an upgrade of binutils in the "host"machine, my problem is that my actual version of LD is the most new one because I'm usind debian sid with kernel 2.6.8. There's a solution in odifying some source files in the gcc-3.3.3 package that come's with release 5.1.1?

Thanks in advance if somebody can point me some tips, I'm really stopped at the very beginning of all this.

Pablo.