marching LFS form Intel to AMD

thorsten fly_a320 at gmx.de
Sat Nov 27 07:15:42 PST 2004

Hello again,

just as some kind of a feedback, I tried my LFS 5.1.1/BLFS 5.1 System
(compiled on a Intel P4) on a AMD Athlon XP and found that it basically
ran on the AMD, however:

-the hardware-clock could not be modified with the hwclock command
-X had to be reconfigured with Xorg -configure
-MPlayer optimizes himself so that it won't run on another CPU such as AMD

the above might not be all things that don't work, I just tried out some
basic things...

thorsten