gcc-3.3.1 still looks in /usr/include instead of --with-local-prefix=...

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Tue Nov 23 02:41:47 PST 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, zoltan wrote:

> I'm trying to build lfs using uClibc (got glibc down pretty good), and
> have run into some issues, most of which I've gotten around.  Except one:
>
> After the initial install of gcc in ch. 5, first pass, even when
> compiling a test program, the system include directory is still
> /usr/include.  I was under the impression that the
> --with-local-prefix=... option to the ./configure command would switch
> the system include directory.

 I think this was mentioned on lfs-hardened recently.  A few days ago,
Robert put an instruction tarball for uclibc up in his home directory
but still has show-stoppers preventing him pushing on with chapter 6.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~robert/hlfs/current

 You probably should search the recent lfs-hardened archives.  I don't
remember Robert referring to the tcl problem you mentioned earlier, so
you might want to check _how_ he builds ulibc.

Ken