Snif! :''-( i can't compile anymore

dienadel no at use.this.es
Mon Nov 15 12:24:45 PST 2004

Hello,

Ok, i've made a stupid thing: try to build a lfs as root, instead of an
normal user, to avoid fatal crashes. Now, i pay for it, as i can't build
nothing from source. At least, the system works fine, except for that
thing.

I've removed the symlink /tools ---> /mnt/lfs/tools, and, /mnt/lfs isn't
mounted automatically when the PC is booted up. So, the system is basically
the same as before starting to build the new lfs.

Here is the error running a typical configure script:
checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run C
compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'

I don't know exactly the problem, but this, perhaps help you:

I do:
# echo 'main(){}' > dummy.c
# cc dummy.c
# readelf -l a.out

And the horrible result:
[Requesting program interpreter: /tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2]

I suposse i'd be /lib/ld-linux.so.2

Is possible to repair my system? I have my LFS and BLFS completely built and
working.

Thanks

dienadel