GCC Testsuite failures was Re: GCC-3.4.2 PCH failures (segmentation faults)

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Fri Nov 12 07:50:32 PST 2004

(Moving my part of the great gcc failure question to lfs- where it
belongs : please drop blfs- from any replies to this).

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Ken Moffat wrote:

>  I've just started chapter 6 of an LFS-6-style build at the moment :
> hoping to get as far as gcc, but building more languages, and if it
> still fails to pass I should still have the detailed testlogs around.

 Well, my problems are probably very different from Ilja's - thanks to
his comments on the testsuite logs I can now see that most of the
failures follow error messages of the form

sh: /usr/local/bin/stty: No such file or directory

(note the /usr/local).  So far I've confirmed that my script set the
prefix to /usr, will dig around a bit, it's probably something stupid
I've done.

Ken, getting ready to look for a brown paper bag again.