CDROM Boot Initrd Problem

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Nov 9 09:37:30 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 08:34 -0500, Charles Meier wrote:

> My LFS was built as a pure vanilla system w/ no options for -mcpu or -march.
> Why is a uname hack necessary?

If it was really an arch problem with the kernel, I don't think it would
have gotten that far.  I had once tried to use a 686 kernel on my 586
and right after loading the kernel in grub, the machine would reboot.
So if the kernel wasn't the right arch, you wouldn't get as far as you
did.

Are you able to boot the cd using init=/bin/bash ?

That might provide a clue.

--
Jeremy Huntwork
http://www.jenacon.net