Problem with Ch 5 glibc

Matthias B. msbREMOVE-THIS at winterdrache.de
Mon Nov 8 02:35:02 PST 2004

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 00:23:33 -0500 Joshua Adell <jadell at vt.edu> wrote:

> Hello all.  I am new to LFS and I'm using book version 5.1.1
>
> My problem is in Ch 5 when installing Glibc-2.3.3-lfs-5.1
>
> Everything configures and makes fine until I get to "make install" at
> which point the following error always happens:
>
> /mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build/elf/sln
> /mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build/elf/symlink.list
> make[1]: *** [install-symbolic-link] Illegal instruction

Illegal instruction usually happens when you attempt to run a binary
compiled for the wrong processor.
Are you using extra optimizations?

echo $CFLAGS

has to report nothing.

Have you configured your gcc to produce code for a platform other than
i386 by default?

Check if your PATH is set correctly so that the correct gcc is used to
compile glibc.

MSB

--
God is real, unless declared integer.