bash - history - 2nd

Matthias B. msbREMOVE-THIS at winterdrache.de
Tue Nov 2 06:09:07 PST 2004

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 20:15:22 +0100 jaca <jherold at interia.pl> wrote:

> The other problem is that the history file was not updated while
> logout. I solved it by adding the .bash_logout file and the line:
>
> "history > .bash_history" in this file.
>
> Tell me please if this way if correct or no.

It's definitely not the correct way to do it. The history is supposed be
saved automatically. When you say it's not updated "while logout", what
exactly do you mean? What is "logout" in your case? Do you mean typing
"exit" at the Linux text console prompt or is do you mean exiting from
chroot?

I can't reproduce them problem. No matter what I try my history is
properly saved.

Please post the output of `shopt'

MSB