Problem with GCC-CORE 3.3.3

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Mon Nov 1 13:59:08 PST 2004

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, CHEVALIER Maxime wrote:

> Hi,
>
> (sorry, my english is not very good)
> I use a computer with Mandrake Power Pack 10
> The book is LFS 5.1.1 and the all sources used is in tarball package on FTP
> at FRANCE[Montpellier].
> I have two errors at the chapter 5, GCC-3.3.3(core) PASS1

 Actually, it's all one error, but it looks like a showstopper.  I can
remember somebody suggesting 'make bootstrap4' (?) at some time in the
past for a problematic box (the idea being to add an extra stage of
bootstrapping) but I've not seen that recently and I don't remember why
it was recommended.

 I assume this is an x86 box - try running memtest86 to check your
system's memory.  Also, check power supply and cooling - compiling
recent versions of gcc works the cpu hard.

Ken