bash - history - 2nd

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 1 11:20:14 PST 2004

jaca wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I spent some time reading Your suggestions on the bash 3.0 history
> problem. So I've found some patches for readline that helps (in my
> case). The patches are available at:
> ftp://ftp.cwru.edu/pub/bash/readline-5.0-patches/.
> <snip>
> PS The problem of history scrolling is in my case from 20040722. Who
> can i consult to put some correction to the book?

Those patches are already in the latest development version of the book.
  See
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/unstable/chapter06/readline.html.
  Unfortunately, they won't be included in the next release (6.0) due to
time constraints in getting the instructions finalised and tested.

Regards,

Matt.