nptl directory does not exist

Roel Neefs geryon at gaosu.rave.org
Tue Mar 30 08:57:38 PST 2004

On Tuesday 30 March 2004 17:47, Ruben wrote:
> Roel Neefs <geryon at gaosu.rave.org> wrote in
>
> news:200403301704.26052.geryon at gaosu.rave.org:
> > On Tuesday 30 March 2004 10:50, Ruben wrote:
> >> I am trying to build LFS 5.0+, using the hints at
> >> linusfromscratch.org to build with a 2.6.4 kernel. I have
> >> binutils-2.15.90.1 and gcc 3.3.3 installed. I am on Chp. 5 and
> >> when trying to configure glibc I get this error:
> >>
> >> configure: error: add-on directory "nptl" does not exist.
> >>
> >> I am guessing that this means that I don't have the correct glibc,
> >> but I downloaded glibc-2.3.2 from one of the RH mirrors, as
> >> indicated in the hint. Does anyone know what the problem is?
> >
> > That's because nptl is only part of glibc's > 2.3.2, the hint says
> > not to download the glibc tarball from redhat, but to do a cvs
> > checkout.
>
> I don't have an Internet connection on my Linux box.... is there no
> other way to get the proper glibc?

There are some tarballs made that you can download from another box and
move to your linux box, for example the tarball that will probably be
used for lfs,
ftp://gaosu.rave.org/pub/linux/lfs/packages/conglomeration/glibc-2.3.3-lfs-rc1.tar.bz2

--
Roel Neefs
http://lfs.rave.org/lfs/news.html and ftp://gaosu.rave.org/pub/linux/lfs