nptl directory does not exist

Roel Neefs geryon at gaosu.rave.org
Tue Mar 30 07:04:25 PST 2004

On Tuesday 30 March 2004 10:50, Ruben wrote:
> I am trying to build LFS 5.0+, using the hints at
> linusfromscratch.org to build with a 2.6.4 kernel. I have
> binutils-2.15.90.1 and gcc 3.3.3 installed. I am on Chp. 5 and when
> trying to configure glibc I get this error:
>
> configure: error: add-on directory "nptl" does not exist.
>
> I am guessing that this means that I don't have the correct glibc,
> but I downloaded glibc-2.3.2 from one of the RH mirrors, as indicated
> in the hint. Does anyone know what the problem is?

That's because nptl is only part of glibc's > 2.3.2, the hint says not
to download the glibc tarball from redhat, but to do a cvs checkout.
(the glibc maintainers don't make tarballs anymore, so it may look like
2.3.2 is the latest.)

--
Roel Neefs
http://lfs.rave.org/lfs/news.html and ftp://gaosu.rave.org/pub/linux/lfs