Normal user can't list vfat mount point

hungother at gmx.net hungother at gmx.net
Mon Mar 29 18:32:17 PST 2004

I've just finished installing LFS 5.0. I created /mnt/hdd4 and mount  a FAT
partition (type vfat) on it. But only the roor can list it, normal user can
not. Although I added an entry point in /etc/fstab with defaults options, but
it's no use. The permissions on /mnt/hdd4 is rwxr-xr-x but when the FAT
partition is mounted it becomes rwxr--r--. What went wrong with me? Can someone
help me fix it, please?