beginner's problem with lfs book 2004-02-14

Joel Miller cheeziologist at mail.isc.rit.edu
Mon Mar 29 13:54:58 PST 2004

mail123 at koevis.demon.nl wrote:
<snip>
> Try to follow anything the book syas , if the book doesnt says: use X ,
> then dont use X , starrting in failsafe mode usualy doesnt starts X. Id
> it still doesnt work: try creating the directory yourself :D

This is _NOT_ a solution. The book is completely buildable from an
xterm. The book makes no assumption as to whether or not you are
building from inside an x environment or outside an x environment. I can
personally say I have built from both.

--
Registered LFS User 6929
Registered Linux User 298182