error during compile GCC-3.3.1 Pass 1

Joel Miller cheeziologist at mail.isc.rit.edu
Fri Mar 26 10:24:59 PST 2004

Sebastien Deligny wrote:
<snip>
>                === ld Summary ===
>
> # of expected passes            191
> # of unexpected failures        1
> # of expected failures          1
> /mnt/lfs/sources/binutils-build/ld/ld-new 20030612
<snip>

> I read that I would have only expected errors! What do you think
> about it? (I have no problem with configure, make and make
> install)

Chapter five test suites are considered non-critical. You are probably
fine. Just make sure that when you run the test suites in chapter six
that they don't deviate very much if at all from what the book says. In
short, you should be fine to continue on. Worry about the test suites
when you are in chapter six.

--
Registered LFS User 6929
Registered Linux User 298182