GLIBC Configure error

Miguel Bazdresch lfs-01 at thewizardstower.org
Fri Mar 26 04:59:32 PST 2004

* Luis C. Wiedemann <luis.wiedemann at florencebank.com> [2004-03-26 13:42]:
> Hello All! I'm new to *nix so bare with me please.
> I am trying to get past the first part of the GLIBC installation. I created the dir's without a hitch, yippee. I now have a glibc-build dir, with the glibc-2.3.2 dir under that and when I am in the glibc-2.3.2 dir and run the command
>
> ../glibc-2.3.2/configure --prefix=/tools \
> --disable-profile --enable-add-ons \
> --with-headers=/tools/include \
> --with-binutils=/tools/bin \
> --without-gd
>
> I get the following error,
> configure: error: you must configure in a separate build directory

glibc-2.3.2 and glibc-build should be at the same level, not one inside
the other. Also, you should run the configure from the -build directory.

> I am a bit confused as to where I should be untarring and running
> these commands from as the book doesn't seem to be specific.

Since you're new to linux, you'll have to read the book with extreme
care, and read *all* of it. The book *is* specific.

--
Miguel Bazdresch
http://thewizardstower.org/