LFS-5.0 Kernel Panic

JazerNorth google at jaynorth.net
Thu Mar 25 20:41:38 PST 2004

I get a message:

My root is on a Seagate SCSI Drive using an Adaptec SCSI Controller.  It
  mounts correctly, using the AIC7XXX driver in the kernel (messages
show a correct mount earlier).  The message just previous to the error
is: NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0/SMP for Linux NET4.0.

Here is a copy of my /etc/modules.conf file:
alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
alias eth0 3c59x
alias scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx

Here is a copy of my fstab:
/dev/sda1     swap         swap     pri=1           0     0
/dev/sda2     /            reiserfs defaults        0     0
proc          /proc        proc     defaults        0     0
devpts        /dev/pts     devpts   gid=4,mode=620  0     0
shm           /dev/shm     tmpfs    defaults        0     0

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

JazerNorth

PS.  I have compiled my kernel many times, searched all of google,
faq's, hints, etc.  I am at a complete loss.