Tar-1.13.25 Build Error - Chapter 5

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at nospam.dot
Thu Mar 25 15:25:56 PST 2004

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, John wrote:

> Bill's LFS Login wrote:

> > P.S. But bison in used in chapter 6 in the three versions I checked, so
> > if your problem is chapter 5, I gues that would have no effect. Problem
> > must be elsewhare.
> >
> The problem was the version of bison on the host machine... might want
> to add a note somewhere in the book of minimum version for packages on
> the host, bison 1.75 is not new enough (which was causing the problem.)

Thanks John. I'll make a quick check of Bugzilla, archives and current
books and if it looks like it's not been addressed, I'll post to
lfs-dev. BTW, you can also do that if you would like. Just be sure you
check things first to avoid a curt reply that it has been addressed
already.

Bill Maltby
lfsbillATearthlinkDOTnet