grub missing kernel...

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Thu Mar 25 09:52:11 PST 2004

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, twbms wrote:

> The pic of the /boot folder.
> Also info about my partition table.
> hda1 = windows
> hda2 = old boot partition, changed it to hda4 ( since i need it for the
> final system ) and yes i installed grub on it.
> hda3 extended partition, wich contain hda5 and hda6
> hda4 = swap file
> hda5 = LFS 5.1
> hda6 = this gone be the new linux 2.6 with nplt ( if i get it to load my
> kernel )

 I don't normally bother to read graphics, but since I'm running pine in
an xterm at the moment, I've made an exception.  Somebody else has
already commented that your kernel has a different name from what you
said, so assuming you made the equivalent name change in the grub menu,
what does `ls -l' show you, and what does `file' say about the two
kernels ?  I'm wondering if you've accidentally copied the wrong thing,
or overwritten it later.

Ken