grub missing kernel...

Richard Hamilton warbirdnut at ev1.net
Thu Mar 25 06:38:02 PST 2004

You've got me on this one. In a perfect world I'd say you're not using
the correct file name.  But you can load the other kernel so I don't
think that is the problem here.  I can't say for sure either way.  Do
you have access to another machine running Linux? You could try moving
the kernel to another machine or perhaps trying a boot floppy if the
kernel is small enough. If the kernel works on another machine or with a
boot floppy, I would assume it is an issue with GRUB.