modprobe error

Alexander E. Patrakov see at the.sig
Tue Mar 23 01:01:43 PST 2004

Vincent VANDAELE wrote:

> Hello
> I have this error on boot
> - modprobe : can't locate module nls-iso8859_15 <3> NTFS : charset
> not found wrong fstype,bad option,bad superblock on /dev/hda1 or too
> many mounted file systems
>
> In my kernel the iso8859_15 is enabled

Are you sure that there is no typo? iso8859_15 (wrong) or iso8859-15
(correct)? Rebuild and reinstall the kernel.

(iso8859-15) Default NLS Option
<M>   NLS ISO 8859-15 (Latin 9; Western European Languages with Euro)

Also it looks like this is the first kernel you compile yourself. IMHO
(others don't agree with me) you should not build your LFS now because it
contains too much new things to you. You should first try to compile a
working kernel for the host Linux system, where there are no other
unknowns, say "Now I understand what a good kernel looks like" to yourself,
and only then start LFSing.

Also, you post this the second time with no indication of any research made
between the posts. You expect our handholding, we won't provide that. It's
not what LFS is about.

> Thanks a lot!!!!

Too early :)

--
Alexander E. Patrakov
To get my address: echo '0!42!+/6 at 5-3.535.25' | tr [!-:] [a-z] | tr n .