Kernel panic: No init found...

andreasa at tmrsd.tch andreasa at tmrsd.tch
Mon Mar 22 17:52:03 PST 2004

Hi,

I'm feeling really bad, but I couldn't find a solution to this Kernel
panic. I found some messages dealing with the same problem, but the
didn't help me. Perhaps, there is some bright soul with some idea.

I got a

Warning: unable to open an initial console.
Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.

What I checked so far:

I use ext2 file system and the ext2 drivers are build into the kernel.
/sbin/init (of the LFS system) is present, owned by root an executable.
/dev/console (of LFS) is present, a char device and has the same rights
    a some other (LFS3.3) system on another computer
I tried to start with init=/bin/bash, but got the same result (Kernel
    panic)

So I'm stuck. Please tell me where to go...

This is from the LFS 4.1.

Thanks, Andreas