lfs-support archive threads - got a bit scrambled up.

Ronald Hummelink maillist at hummelink.xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 22 15:43:37 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 05:47, Kayo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had posted an article -  "ch6-gcc- bison: command not found  "
> on this list a couple of days earlier.
> I just saw the March 2004 archives and realised that this querry which I
> had posted hadn'nt begun as a new thread but was part of the recent
> thread - "Tar-1.13.25 Build Error - Chapter 5".
>
> Could this have happened to the way in which I composed my mail:
> While composing my mail for my querry I lazily picked up an
> arbitary mail from LFS-suport and said "reply to" - so that I
> don't need to copy the "To" address.
> Of course I did change the subject field appropriately.

Yes that was the reason. Don't hit reply to next time you want to start
a new thread, there are a few headers set to record threading if you hit
reply-to (even when you change subject) :)

> My apologies for this bit of internet "noise" as well as screwing up the
> arhive threads a bit. (I wonder if the latter could be fixed - for future
> references)

Not worth fixing it I guess, you know now how to avoid it :-)

Ronald

> Regards,
>
> Kayo.
>
> PS: I have reposted the article which should now begin as a new thread.
waiting down the mountain...

!DSPAM:405f7af753071938237222!