5.0 or 5.1 PRE1?

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Mar 22 11:04:05 PST 2004

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 18:32:24 +0100
<mail123 at koevis.demon.nl> wrote:

> okay , that convinces me. Can I build Linux From Scratc with Windows?
> Becuase all the Linux distro's are REALY oversized (like SuSe).
>
> Xanni

No.  There are several "Unix-like-environments" for Windows, but from
what I saw of them they will be too minimal for a LFS install.  Your
best bet would probably be to use one of the many Linux-on-a-CD distros
like Knoppix which require no space on your hard drive and have all the
required programs (and then some!) to get LFS installed.

Best regards,

Matt.