vmWare and lfs

Doug Sutherland wearable at cogeco.ca
Sun Mar 21 09:10:09 PST 2004

It doesn't matter where you execute the sanity check. A gcc compile from
anywhere should create an elf that uses /tools/lib/ld-linux.so. Something
else must be wrong. Are you doing that test as user lfs, with the proper
.bash_profile, and no set compiler flag environment variables? Can you
post your specs file? Do you have this in the ~/.bash_profile

set +h
umask 022
LFS=/mnt/lfs
LC_ALL=POSIX
PATH=/tools/bin:$PATH
export LFS LC_ALL PATH
unset CC CXX CPP LD_LIBRARY_PATH LD_PRELOAD

And did you source ~/.bash_profile after doing su - lfs

I'm planning to install lfs in vmware too, but I'm building it first
the documented way. I already tested that I can tar up the whole lfs
system and extract it elswhere, it boots and works fine. So when I
have a build I am happy with, I'll extract that into the vmware world.

   -- Doug