Glibc error in linker

BaSi basi at batusi.net
Sun Mar 21 03:05:23 PST 2004

Hi:

First of all sorry for my english.
IŽm trying to install LFS5.0 in my Acer TravelMate 270. Every was
right (at least that was what I thought) until the linking test in
chapter 5 of glibcc 2.3.2, doing:

echo 'main(){}' > dummy.c
gcc dummy.c
readelf -l a.out | grep ': /tools'

and I havenŽt got any answer. I've checked the file /tolls/.../specs
and the path for ld-linux.so.2 is correct.

Trying to do readelf over any binary the output message i get is:

Cannot stat input file ls (ls is the binary I put):

I raelly donŽt know where to look for the mistake, because everything
seems to be ok, except readelf. I've checked ld-linux.so.2 in the host
and it is in its proper place.

The host system is debian from a knoppix instalation, just installed
to make my first LFS.

Any clue for mi to be able to go on would be very wellcome.
Thanks for your attention.
--
Kindly:
BaSi