Tar-1.13.25 Build Error - Chapter 5

Bill's LFS Login lfsbill at nospam.dot
Sat Mar 20 10:31:49 PST 2004

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004, John Benes wrote:

> > On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, John wrote:
><snip>

> > I've not saved your OP, but did you apply the needed patch for bison?
> > IIRC, it's in the book and it is available from the patches download
> > area. I don't know if this affects your problem either.
>
> no.. i didn't know there was one needed... problem was on host machine side, not lfs.

Looking at a CVS-2004-02-27 version of book, which is *not* the same as
current CVS, and probably not the same as a "pre" release (I know some
pkgs may have been (re)moved, the is still a need for the patch for
bison-1.875.

Again, I can't say this matches what you were working with though.

> > My last build though was a 5.0+ (CVS around December?) so I've no solid
> > suggestions about whatever version you're building ATM.
> >

> am going to start over... different host system (going to Suse 9)

Don't forget to post a little more info if there are probs. Will get you
an answer more quickly (since I didn't save your OP, maybe you posted
plenty though).

Bill Maltby
lfsbillATearthlinkDOTnet