Network startup

Daryl Lee dlee at altaregos.com
Sun Mar 14 20:53:11 PST 2004

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 10:36:55PM -0500, Joel Miller wrote:
> Daryl Lee wrote:
 >
> >Bringing up the eth0 interface             [ OK ]
> >SIOCSIFFLAGS: Device or resource busy.
> >
> >I can log in after that, but every time I try "ifconfig eth0 up" I get
> >the same SIOCSIFFLAGS error.  "ifconfig eth0 down" executes quietly, and
> >"ifconfig eth0" gives reasonable output except for the missing "UP" in
> >front of BROADCAST...

> check what /proc/interrupts says. Is your NIC card using the same IRQ as
> something else? If so, what is it sharing the IRQ with?

I have interrupts 0,1,2,14, and 15 defined, but none of them associated
with the NIC.  However, when I boot SuSE, IRQ 9 is associated with both
acpi and eth0.  I have not enabled audio on the LFS system, so that
would explain the absence of acpi, but I don't understand the absence of
an IRQ for the NIC.

--
Daryl Lee
LFS ID 12522 (5.1pre1)