GCC 3.3.1 vastly different failure #'s (ch 5 lfs 5.0, 2nd pass)

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Sat Mar 13 04:17:58 PST 2004

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, zoltan wrote:

> Howdy folks,
>
> So are these what would be considered "vastly" different results for the
>   second pass of GCC 3.3.1 in LFS-5.0 in chapter 5?  Seems to me they
> are...Am I the only one who's seen this, or is there perhaps something more?
>
> BTW, my host system is an LFS 4.1 system, which runs great.  I've
> followed the LFS-5.0 instructions pretty much to the letter, except I've
>   replaced --prefix=/tools with --prefix=/my-own-tools globally (right
> from the get-go, including SPEC file changes, etc. (consistently), so it
> shouldn't be an issue...
>
> Any ideas?
>
>                  === g++ Summary ===
>
> # of expected passes            7016
> # of unexpected failures        1166

>                  === libstdc++-v3 Summary ===
>
> # of expected passes            258
> # of unexpected failures        195

Something like this used to be seen in maybe the back end of last year.
I don't remember the details, but I think I was one of the people bitten
by it.  If I'm right, it's either down to using a patch which enforces
/tools (we were moving from /stage1 to /tools), or you missed changing a
prefix somewhere.  If I'm wrong, try searching the list archives for gcc
unexpected failures.

Ken