problem with framebuffer support

dienadel no at use.this.es
Fri Mar 12 00:17:41 PST 2004

Helllo,

After finishing LFS 5.0, i recompiled the kernel to have high resolution
mode in the console, before init BLFS. As is explained in the
frame-buffer howto, i compile the kernel with the following options
(into the kernel, no as modules):

VGA Text Console
Video Selection Support
Support for frame buffer devices (experimental)
VESA VGA Graphic console
Advanced Low Level Drivers ***
Select Mono, 2bpp, 4bpp, 8bpp, 16bpp, 24bpp and 32bpp packed pixel
drivers ***

*** the first time i did't built them, as i did in my old LFS 4.0 they.
now the are built in

These are the same options that i had working fine in LFS 4.0, with my
NVIDIA GeForce 2MX

Well, i had lilo, but know i use grub. In menu.lst i put vga=0x305

But nothing, it doesn't work.

I included AGP with VIA motherboard, but nothing.

/dev/fb0 exists...

i dont't know what i'm missing. any idea?

thanks

dienadel