lfs doesn't boot

lair at republicofnewhome.org lair at republicofnewhome.org
Tue Mar 9 09:33:45 PST 2004

> Hello
> I try to boot lfs but I have this message
>  - Swapon cannot stat /dev/hdd6 no such file or directory
> But when my mandrake boot no problems
>
> -It says to that all the line are bad in my file fstab
> - fsck.ext:No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/hdd7
>
> After It says setting hostname to lfs but it never boot
>
> I join my files fstab and .config of my kernel

I agree with the gentleman who said that the following items from your
kernel config need to be 'N' instead of 'y':

CONFIG_DEVFS_FS=y
CONFIG_DEVFS_MOUNT=y

Do NOT configure the dev filesystem if you want your system to work
with that fstab. You want this in your kernel config, instead:

CONFIG_DEVFS_FS=n
CONFIG_DEVFS_MOUNT=n