LFS-5.1-Pre: Binutils configure error.

randhir phagura rsphagura at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 7 15:32:28 PST 2004

Hi Roel,

With reference to your reply to the following excerpts from my earlier
request for help:

"creating Makefile
/bin/sh ../binutils-2.14/mkinstalldirs /tools /tools
/bin/sh: line 1: cd: intl: No such file or directory
make: *** [install-intl] Error 1

What went wrong? Can anyone figure this? I cannot."

>Seems like something is wrong with your /tools, does it exist as a symlink
>to your $LFS/tools? And not as a symlink to itself for example?
>And does user lfs have write permissions to /tools?

Sorry, I messed-up the last reply to your suggestion. As shown by the
outputs of two 'ls -al'
commands below, the tools directory seems OK. This error seems to be due to
'intl' directory not being present - something to do with
'internationalisation' ?? I am not aware of this.

lfs at PhaguraHome:~> ls -al $LFS/tools
total 8
drwxr-xr-x    2 lfs      root         4096 Mar  7 11:29 .
drwxr-xr-x    8 root     root         4096 Mar  7 11:29 ..

lfs at PhaguraHome:~> ls -al /tools
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           14 Mar  7 11:29 /tools ->
/mnt/lfs/tools

This being the very first package in Pass-1, there is nothing in the /tools
directory as yet.

Any other clues please ?

Thanks for answering. Regards.

RSP