Help kernel configuration

Alexander E. Patrakov semzx at was.at.newmail.ru
Sun Mar 7 05:57:39 PST 2004

Vincent VANDAELE wrote:

> Hello
> Somebody can help me in order to configure properly my kernel 2.4.22 on
> LFS 5.0

You are supposed to do it yourself. LFS is an educational project, isn't it?

> My hardware :
> - Creative sound blaster live 5.1
> - Usb printer
> - Usb data storage (usb key)
> - nvidia geforce 4 TI4280 agp 8X with 128 Mb of ddr
> - 2 hard disk
> - dvd ,cd-burner
> - usb scanner

All of them are pretty standard. "make menuconfig" will work fine.
For CD-RW, you need "SCSI CDROM", "SCSI GENERIC" and "IDE-SCSI emulation",
and NO "IDE CDROM" support. For details, see

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/stable/multimedia/kernel.html

> I use too mandrake 9.2 with ext3 filesystems and windows xp with ntfs file
> system
>
> I join my file fstab
> I have lots of errors when I try to configure it (fs mount not supported
> by kernel , ....)

Try again :)

--
Alexander E. Patrakov