bad ELF interpreter

Anthony Rabaa not at true.address
Thu Mar 4 11:12:18 PST 2004

Hello,

I've been trying to make binutils, pass 2 but have failed because of a
'bad ELF interpreter' error (see snippet below).  My question is about
the error line itself, it references /tools but I'm building in a
different directory.  Is this path statically set in the make?  Your
help is greatly appreciated and if there is a FAQ which discusses this,
I apologize in advance as I have looked but may simply have missed it.

     lex.yy.c:3527: warning: no previous prototype for `yyset_out'
     lex.yy.c:3532: warning: no previous prototype for `yyget_debug'
     lex.yy.c:3537: warning: no previous prototype for `yyset_debug'
     lex.yy.c:3543: warning: no previous prototype for `yylex_destroy'
     lex.yy.c:2975: warning: `yyunput' defined but not used
     /bin/sh: ./test-demangle: /tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF
interpreter: No such file or directory
     make[3]: *** [check-cplus-dem] Error 126
     make[2]: *** [check-subdir] Error 2
     make[1]: *** [check-libiberty] Error 2
     make: *** [check] Error 2

BTW, I would be willing to post the full output/error files along with
my run script (I don't like typing over and over ;-)) if that would
help.  Cheers!