keymap issue ?

zebul666 zebul666 at voila.fr
Thu Mar 4 10:33:56 PST 2004

hello,

i have just booted on my freshly installed lfs-5.0.

I have just changed in two points from the book
grub 0.94 with splashimage patch found in lfs.patches
and installed a 2.4.25 kernel instead of the 2.4.22 but keep the 2.4.22
headers.

the little problem is :

i have done
#ln -s i386/azerty/fr-latin1.map.gz /usr/share/kbd/keymap/defkeymap.map.gz

and create a setfont script a carbon copy of loadkeys script that
contains setfont lat0-16 -m 8859-1

SO
when i stroke the 2/é key on the login prompt, i have the é symbol.
but when i have logged in and when i stroke that key i have a i not a é.
and all the accent key are gone !!

Why is it good at the login prompt while it is bad in bash ?