what does it take?

Richard A Downing FBCS richard at 109bean.org.uk
Thu Mar 4 09:56:41 PST 2004

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 20:25:57 -0700
"Kevin P. Fleming" <kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> Jeroen Coumans wrote:
>
> > No, this causes a new thread. Use the Reply-button when you reply. See
> > http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/#netiquette for tips & guidelines
> > for configuring Outlook to be mailinglist-friendly.
>
> A later message from the OP hints that he's receiving the list in digest
> form, so he can't really do that either.
>
> In that case, there's no way to maintain threading. You either have to

I really feel we should emphasise the newsgroups more on the webpage.  It's
the ideal interface for newbies and casual users - mainly because you can see
the recent history so easily.  For instance I have 1083 articles in lfs.support
right now taking up zero room. Of course I have an always-on connection, but I
used it with a cacheing newsreader when I was on dial-up - still better than
mail.

--
Richard A Downing FBCS http://www.109bean.org.uk/