Re: C compiler cannot create executables - SOLVED?¿?¿

dienadel no at use.this.es
Thu Mar 4 05:23:13 PST 2004

dienadel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> trying to compile coreutils in LFS 5.0 i have the folowing error in the
> condigure script:

> checking for a BSD-compatible install... /tools/bin/install -c
> checking for gawk... gawk
> checking for perl5.003 or newer... yes
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
> cannot create executables
>
> This only happens if CFLAGS=CXXFLAGS="-O3 march=i686". If these are
> unset, the configure goes ok
>
> What is wrong???
>
> thanks. dienadel.

Humm

extrange error, until someone give me an answer, i shutdown the PC.
After i few minutes i came back, i did everthing as usual.

Now, the configure script has finished ok.

the only thing different i did was:

export CFLAGS="-O3 -march=i686" && CXXFLAGS=$CFLAGS

instead of

export CFLAGS="-O3 -march=i686"
export CXXFLAGS="-O3 -march=i686"

i don't know