unforseen error in /etc/rc.d/rcsysinit.d/S40mountfs!!!!!!

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Wed Mar 3 10:32:44 PST 2004

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Bill's LFS Login wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Ken Moffat wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, faza wrote:
> ><snip>
>
> >  I'm an old hand at making errors - on of the secrets in fixing them is
> > to break them down into manageable chunks.  Good luck.
>
> *chuckle* Usually, they break *me* down into manageable chunks!  :P

 Come on, Bill, some things are best left unsaid, there are new users
here ;-)

> Also, as to the bash erro, it occurred to me that there might be a
> problem getting the right libs if the mount fails. Maybe the mount
> working fixes it? Or maybe it's one of those mis-linked bash issues?

 Yeah, but the OP's mount points were /, /proc, /dev/pts, and a shm
mount.  I think '/' has been mounted (maybe r/o) to go through the
nit scripts, so I tend to think getting to the required library (or
file) is unrelated.  We'll see when he responds.

Ken