unforseen error in /etc/rc.d/rcsysinit.d/S40mountfs!!!!!!

faza faza000 at op.pl
Wed Mar 3 08:20:14 PST 2004

ilja wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've looked at your settings and noticed the following:
> You seem to have installed LFS on hdb1, with the swap on hdb2
> but, in your menu file, the LFS entry seem to point root to hd0,0 and the
> boot partition also on hd0,0
> the HD translation in grub goes:
> hda=hd0
> hdb=hd1
> hdc=hd2
> etc,etc

yes but , for grub any atached cd-rom's (like in my case cause i got a
cd on hda) dont figure as disks , so for grub my hdb is hd0,0 (the first
disk grub detects),

and also it's important wich disk the 1st boot disk is, i think..
(so in my case the first boot controler is the onboard with the 1st disk
on hdb, the second is the raid controler with my raid array = hd1,0)

> To me there seems to be an improper assigning there. Sorry if I mis
> interpreted the data provided,
> regards,
>
> ilja

unfortunetly, the settings are ok