Glibc 2.3.2 compiling error in LFS 5.0 Chap. 5

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Tue Mar 2 16:18:26 PST 2004

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, greg jojo wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to install LFS 5.0 on an Indy R4600. My host distribution is a
> debian, hosted on my Indy.
> I followed as far as i know the instructions to build the glibc package.
> 'configure' ends successfully, but 'make' ends with the following error
> message:
>
> glibc-build/elf/librtld.os(.text+0x109cc): In function
> '_dl_resolve_conflicts':
> glibc-2.3.2/elf/dl-conflicts.c:65: undefined reference to
> 'elf_machine_rela.7'
> collect2: ld return 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [glibc-build/elf/ld.so] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [elf/subdir_lib] Error2
> make: *** [all] Error 2"

Mips users aren't exactly common here.  There was apparently a posting
in March 2002, with a suggestion that maybe the host toolchain was too
old.  Which versions (particularly libc) do you use on debian ?  I see
that debian have 2.3.2, it might be worth looking at their patches at
your local mirror, to see if they've found something that we don't have
in the official release.  Google has some '_dl_resolve_conflicts' stuff
for mips, but I think it's all too old..

Ken