[LFS 5.1.1] glibc 2.3.3 make check mtrace problem (again)

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Wed Jun 30 03:35:47 PDT 2004

Georgi Chulkov wrote:

> Dear LFS community,
>
> I am a complete newbie to LFS (although I have some Linux experience).
> I am trying to build LFS 5.1.1 following the book exactly. Everything
> until glibc installation in chapter 6 has worked just as expected. I
> congure and make glibc without probems, but make check returns the
> following error (I think that should be the beginning of the error):
>

> /bin/sh: line 1: /sources/glibc_build/malloc/mtrace: No such file or
> directory
>

> My computer is a Dell Latitude D800 laptop, 1.3, 512 ram, and my LFS
> partition is 4 gb. My host system is Knoppix 3.4.
>
> I have searched through the archives of lfs-support and found that perl
> is the most likely problem. Indeed, when installing perl, i had typed
> per15 instead of perl5. I fixed it, rebooted, tried again (with a
> freshly tar-d, configure-d and make-d glibc) but the same error was
> still there. I tried yet once again everything from perl installation
> on, but with no success.

Your perl installation is wrong.  Suggest you reinstall perl; then
try glibc again using clean source.

Check that perl runs by doing   /tools/bin/perl -v

The directory /tools/lib/perl5/5.8.4 should contain lots of files, most
of which have names ending with .pm

Remember that the perl version is hard coded into the instructions, as
in mkdir -p /tools/lib/perl5/5.8.4).  If you use a different version of
perl then you need to change that version number.

Chris