Old GLIBC on LFS

Renato Riolino listas at rbr.no-ip.com
Mon Jun 28 15:23:42 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I've built my LFS system and it's working wonderfully !!

But I have one question: I have a game (Simcity 3000) that I bought from
Loki Games and so I don't have access to the sources.

When I try to run the game, it gives me this message:

./sc3u: relocation error: ./sc3u: symbol _dl_global_scope, version
GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file ld-linux.so.2 with link time reference

I think this mean that it was linked against GLIBC 2.0, so a possible
fix would be install glibc 2.0 on my system.

Is it possible to install an old glibc for use with only one especific
app?

Thanks

Renato