Konsole not working for users

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Mon Jun 28 08:19:44 PDT 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, Andrew Sharp wrote:

> I do mix'n'match as I don't know how to set up multiple sessions yet. When in
> root, I su in Konsole to use irc, and su in xterm when in user mode to
> configure more stuff from user. I can't startx for multiple console logins,
> only one can be active.

 You've lost me, I'm afraid.  I don't normally run kde (icewm is so much
lighter), but a minimum kde install gives you four desktops to work in,
and then you just click the icons (if they work), or use the menus, or
run and use that to fire up background applications with a '&'.

 If you started X as root, the user won't have permission to write to
the display.

Ken