ich5

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jun 25 07:15:28 PDT 2004

l.dene wrote:

> No, I'm not talking of the ICH5R. To clarify my original question I
> included an extract of the 2.4.26-bk1 changelog from kernel.org that is
> at the same time the answer to my question. So, pardon me for my
> temporarily braindysfunctioning[status : resolved] that makes me pose
> silly questions.

Well, you didn't ask a complete question in the first place!

ICH5 supports both PATA and SATA disks. For PATA disks, it's fully
supported, has been for a long time. For SATA disks, if you want to use
the new SATA drivers that are part of the SCSI subsystem, then no, ICH5
support for that has not been merged into the kernel yet. I believe,
though, that there are SATA-supporting ICH5 drivers in the standard IDE
section, but I'm not sure of that.