Freeing unused memory and cpu type

news.linuxfromscratch.org newslist at kogels.net
Tue Jun 22 09:50:00 PDT 2004

Hi Ronald,

That's just what I needed. It's a bit strange that LFS doesn't mention this
at all. I was under the impression that everything would be compiled for
i386 by default. Now I have to do it all over again ;-(

Thanks,
Rene

"Ronald Hummelink" <maillist at hummelink.xs4all.nl> schreef in bericht
news:40D7845A.9080101 at hummelink.xs4all.nl...
> news.linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I just finished my own lfs installation, but when  I try to boot my new
lfs
> > system it stalls at "Freeing unused memory". Reading all the mail about
this
> > problem, it seems that it has something to do with my CPU. I compiled
the
> > lfs system on a PIII and then transfered it to a PI system. Apperently
all
> > the code has been compiled for i686 instead of i386. Is this correct?
Should

http://archive.daniel-baumann.ch/linux-from-scratch/hints/crosscompiling-x86/